Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Healing the Broken Heart

Never regret anything that has happened in your life, it cannot be changed, undone, or forgotten.  So take it as a lesson learned and move on.

“Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.” ~ Buddha

“Happiness can be found in even the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light.” ~ J.K. Rowling

“Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.” ~ J.K. Rowling

“How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.” ~ Winnie the Pooh

“People come, people go – they’ll drift in and out of your life, almost like characters in a favorite book. When you finally close the cover, the characters have told their story and you start up again with another book, complete with new characters and adventures. You find yourself focusing on the new ones, not the ones from the past” ~ Nicholas Sparks

“I will welcome happiness for it enlarges my heart; yet I will endure sadness for it opens my soul. I will acknowledge rewards for they are my due; yet I will welcome obstacles for they are my challenge.” ~ Og Mandino

“I mean, really, whatever you woke up worrying about this morning, get over it. How important in the greater scheme of things can it possibly be? Make your peace and move on.”~ Ken Robinson

“When it’s Not Fun, Move On” ~ Sir Richard Branson

“Circumstances do not push or pull. They are daily lessons to be studied and gleaned for new knowledge and wisdom. Knowledge and wisdom that is applied will bring about a brighter tomorrow. A person who is depressed is spending too much time thinking about the way things are now and not enough time thinking about how he wants things to be.” ~ Andy Andrews

“Times of calamity and distress have always been producers of the greatest men. The hardest steel is produced from the hottest fire; the brightest star shreds the darkest night.” ~ Andy Andrews (The Traveler’s Gift)

The things that hurt us teach us.” ~ Author Unknown

“We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.” ~ Kenji Miyazawa

“The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.” ~ Dolly Parton

“I am bigger than anything that can happen to me. All these things, sorrow, misfortune, and suffering, are outside my door. I am in the house and I have the key.” ~ Charles Fletcher Lummis

“Regardless of what is going on around you, make the best of what is in your power, and take the rest as it occurs.” ~ Epictetus

“God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.” ~ Reinhold Niebuhr

“We need to regularly stop and take stock; to sit down and determine within ourselves which things are worth valuing and which things are not; which risks are worth the cost and which are not.  Even the most confusing or hurtful aspects of life can be made more tolerable by clear seeing and by choice.”  ~ Epictetus

“When you part from your friend, you grieve not; For that which you love most in him may be clearer in his absence, as the mountain to the climber is clearer from the plain.” ~ Kahlil Gibran

“He is the best sailor who can steer within fewest points of the wind, and exact a motive power out of the greatest obstacles.” ~ Henry David Thoreau

“Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am the thousand winds that blow.
I am diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am gentle autumnal rain.
When you waken in the morning hush.
I am the soft uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry -
I am not there.  I did not die.”
~ Anonymous
“What doesn’t kill me makes me stronger.” ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

“We can’t escape pain; we can’t escape the essential nature of our lives. But we do have a choice. We can give in and relent, or we can fight, persevere, and crete a life worth living, a noble life. Pain is a fact; our evaluation of it is a choice.” ~ Jacob Held

The trick is to realize that after giving your best, there’s nothing more to give… Win or lose the game is finished.  It’s over.  It’s time to forget and prepare for the next one.” ~ Sparky Anderson

“You may write me down in history
With your bitter, twisted lies,
You may trod me in the very dirt
But still, like dust, I’ll rise.”
~ Maya Angelou

“Sometimes the wrong choices bring us to the right places. ” ~  Unknown

“There are two types of Pain in this world: Pain that hurts you and Pain that changes you!”  ~ Unknown

“Troubles, they may come and go, but good times, they’re the gold.” ~ Dave Matthews Band

“If things go wrong, don’t go with them.” ~ Roger Babson

“No matter what happens, win, lose, or draw, never forget that life goes on.” ~ Courtney Reum

“Even the most daring and accomplished people have undergone tremendous difficulty.  In fact, the more successful they became, the more they attributed their success to the lessons learned during their most difficult times.” ~ Barbara Rose

“Nothing is so bitter that a calm mind cannot find comfort in it.” ~ Seneca

“If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant: if we did not sometimes taste adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome.” ~ Ann Bradstreet

“Every difficulty in life presents us with an opportunity to turn inward and to invoke our own submerged inner resources. The trials we endure can and should introduce us to our strengths.” ~ Epictetus

“Nothing truly stops you.  Nothing truly holds you back.  For your own will is always within your control.  Sickness may challenge your body. But are you merely your body? Lameness may impede your legs. But your are not merely your legs. Your will is bigger than your legs. Your will needn’t be affected by an incident unless you let it.” ~ Epictetus

“We cannot choose our external circumstances, but we can always choose how we respond to them.” ~ Epictetus

“It isn’t the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it’s the pebble in your shoe.” ~ Muhammad Ali

The Laughing Heart
your life is your life
don’t let it be clubbed into dank submission.
be on the watch.
there are ways out.
there is a light somewhere.
it may not be much light but
it beats the darkness.
be on the watch.
the gods will offer you chances.
know them.
take them.
you can’t beat death
but you can beat death in life, sometimes.
and the more often you learn to do it,
the more light there will be.
your life is your life.
know it while you have it.
you are marvelous
the gods wait to delight
in you.
~ Charles Bukowski

“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” ~ Henry Ford

“Where there is no struggle, there is no strength.” ~ Oprah Winfrey

“Turn your wounds into wisdom.” ~ Oprah Winfrey

“The thing you fear most has no power. Your fear of it is what has the power. Facing the truth really will set you free.” ~ Oprah Winfrey

“Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.” ~ Oprah Winfrey

“The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up.” ~ Mark Twain

http://www.movemequotes.com/tag/move-on/page/3/






No comments:

Post a Comment